xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness: Easter Sunday 2010

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday 2010

Who doesn't love Reese's Peanut butter eggs?  
I must say, I think they are one of the best inventions ever...they are even BETTER than regular Reese's because they have MORE Peanut Butter!


I am all about moderation, but - that is not my strong point when these (or any chocolate treats) are in the house.  Really, life is full of trade-offs.  The key to fitting these "sometimes foods" (as I name them for my 9 year old son) is knowing that later, when the chips are out to eat with the salsa and queso at our Tex Mex Easter dinner--I really should NOT eat those (since I have had my fair share of chocolate Easter candy at this point!)
Yesterday, I washed and cut some awesome "dipping" veggies--to use INSTEAD of chips.
Cucumbers and carrots sliced into "chips" ...along with Asparagus- barely steamed and thrown into ice water--YUMMY.  


Tune in for my next entry to see if I was successful--promise--I'll be honest.  

3 comments:

  1. audiophil-
    you can always utilize light or fat free cream cheese in those type of recipes--the calcium and protein are great--the fat free can be a bit watery though...so watch out for that. Another option is to utilize a plain yogurt--1% would be a good choice. Hope this helps. I'll be on the lookout for a great healthy recipe using cream cheese or a similar product for you--if anyone likes a special healthy veggie dip recipe--post for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've heard that substituting Greek yogurt like Labne or Fage are good sources of protein and lower in fat and calories than cream cheese and better for you. Traci...is that true?

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear Keenans-
    all this talk about yogurt may direct me towards a post just about that--huge fan of fage or any other of the Greek yogurts...for the reasons you mention...and more!
    we'll talk yogurt NEXT!

    ReplyDelete