xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness: don't DIET, just DO IT

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

don't DIET, just DO IT

Hi friends-
my mantra has always been don't DIET--
let's take it a STEP further with the words Nike made famous
--JUST DO IT!
Two things come to mind today- life is meant to enjoy ...
1-if you love food (like I do) you cannot ALWAYS eliminate certain foods just because they aren't the best choice.  All foods can fit into a healthy lifestyle.
     In keeping to my honesty oath, today I had a WAFFLE for breakfast--not a small version either.  I follow a gluten free diet - so waffles are a luxury.  I came into Java Dive for great coffee and an egg white omelet.  Upon learning they had gluten free waffles, I had to try it.  Now, I did still have a few cooked egg whites.  The protein will help me stay full during my marketing visits today.  I have a workout planned at lunch with friends.
2-Working out at Lunch
...this brings me to the JUST DO IT portion.  Exercise should be as much a part of your life as brushing your teeth.  Be sure your calendar has your workouts scheduled in...just as you schedule your happy hours with friends, or spring pedicures.  If something causes you to miss that workout, you can't CANCEL it --you just RESCHEDULE it (you don't skip brushing your teeth, do you?)


ciao for now--
tune in next time for more random thoughts of a Dietitian....
Traci Miller, RD, LD
www.working4wellness.net

No comments:

Post a Comment