xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness: Low energy...Grocery Shopping and Jicama!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Low energy...Grocery Shopping and Jicama!

Grocery Shopping and Jicama!


For those that know me, I already follow gluten free guidelines.  So, my grain intake was lower- but I had at least 3 servings of grains per day -one oatmeal, and the other two from corn and rice.  So, the ZERO grain part wasn't a huge leap for me to try.  Yet, remember I would have those IN ADDITION TO plenty of fruit.


Over the past few days, exercise has been extra tough as one serving of fruit, no grains and only other carbs from veggies was just not enough for my exercise habits.  So, for me, I am going to have at LEAST 2 servings of fruit per day.  I already feel better after  having watermelon for dessert tonight! As I said, I'm a bit of a skeptic and watermelon seems to be 'debatable' for paleo, but--it is what will work for me right now! You have to listen to your body! Maybe we'll call it personalized paleo....


Anyways, look at all the yummy food I bought today- I have never made anything with Jicama- but have seen it in salads, also bought kohlrabi at Farmer's market (previously mentioned)--any ideas for either of these would be great!

  • broccoli 
  •  broccoli slaw ...thanks to Kim Hall with  All About Athlete  http://www.facebook.com/pages/All-About-Athlete/188762041252 for the introduction of this yummy product
  • giant box of organic baby spinach ( for salads, in egg white omelets etc)
  • egg whites
  • MANY eggs ( I hard boil and snack on egg whites ALOT!)
  • cucumbers
  • more blueberries
  • strawberries
  • watermelon
  • zucchini squash (green and yellow)
  • mushrooms
  • OLIVES!
  • mixed nuts (will have to be careful not to overdo--just LOVE these)
  • freshly ground Almond butter (instead of peanut butter)
  • peppercorn sliced turkey 
  • grapefruit
  • grape tomatoes and...
  • (I would have bought red peppers, which I love--but they are SO not cheap right now)
  • and ... JICAMA!
WHOLE FOODS Bee Caves just canNOT come fast enough!
http://wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/beecave/ 



No comments:

Post a Comment