xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness: Jicama "oatmeal"?!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Jicama "oatmeal"?!


peeled Jicama
Jicama UPDATE-
Work has been, and will be even MORE insane until school lets out--so...with the blessing of the powers that be...I have taken today OFF!  In this experiment of trying to avoid grains, I miss my morning oatmeal and berries like CRAZY!  Today, I found a recipe to cook jicama like oatmeal or porridge and it was SO yummy.  My version was to 

  1. Peel Jicama and slice into medium sized chunks
  2. Use food processor to process into rice size pieces
  3. Put into bowl with a bit of almond milk and sliced strawberries
  4. Cover and cook on high in microwave for about 5 minutes- stirring halfway through
  5. I ate about half of that portion with probably about a Tablespoon of sliced, roasted almonds on top
Let me know what you do and how it turns out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment