xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness

Friday, April 20, 2012

Hi friends,
I did not realize how long it has been since you had heard from me!  Well, I was having too much fun helping with nutrition, and then marketing... at a local boutique hospital.  Yet, nutrition called me back.  I am peeking my nose out from the fog of starting a new position.  I really hope I can make a difference as a school nutrition director.  With this new challenge, and trying to be a half decent mom and wife.... life has been a bit chaotic and my health has not been maintained to my liking.
I thought you might like to follow along as I try to reduce inflammation through diet.  I am going to follow most of the principles of the paleo diet.  
http://www.paleoplan.com/resources/paleo-plan-food-guide/  
I must say, I can be quite a skeptic.... Yet, inflammation IS at the root of most disease, so I would really like to do all I can to slow that process.  There are many different versions, so my interpretation will be as follows...
  • NO grains
  • ONE serving of fruit/day (usually berries)
  • ONE serving of nuts/day (no peanuts)
  • TONS of veggies
  • NO dairy
  • NO legumes/beans
  • Eggs or fish or animal protein- at every meal
(the link above shows 'allowed', 'moderation' and 'avoid' lists in full)
 I am not necessarily recommending this diet at this point, ESPECIALLY for serious athletes... I have also added a few other regimens and will report on those next time.
Ask me questions along the way, tell me if you have tried it- same guidelines or different from me...
Thanks for reading...

2 comments:

  1. No dairy???? What to put in my coffee???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I drink my coffee black with liquid stevia- yet...I've heard of using unsweetened coconut milk for your coffee...try it and tell me what you think!

      Delete