xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness: Brussels Sprouts? Really?

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Brussels Sprouts? Really?

My husband and I have NEVER been fans of brussels sprouts...
Yet, during a music festival downtown a local waiter convinced us to try fried brussels sprouts...
They were D E L I C I O U S...

I had to try to recreate this tasty dish, yet with a healthier spin....
We like them extra roasted, slightly crispy
I also used Con Olio's Chipotle Olive oil as a drizzle before the last 10 minute roasting.

I absolutely know you do not believe me--but, please, be brave and try it---


Preheat oven to 450
1. Rinse a pound of baby (or small) brussels sprouts (sweeter &more tender).
2. Cut each into half or thirds so that they can cook faster.
3. Spray a perforated pan with olive oil and sprinkle some kosher salt.
4.  Lay all of them into a single layer on the pan.
5.  Bake for around 10 minutes, remove and turn them all over, spray with more olive          oil and then return to oven to roast the other side.
6.  Bake for another 10 minutes, then turn on broil at 450 -500 for 5 minutes (watch              closely)
7.  Remove and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment