xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness: Cooler weather beckons Butternut Squash

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cooler weather beckons Butternut Squash

I Love Butternut Squash.  Pictured here is a sauce I found at COSTCO...
Straight from the jar it was DELISH--it is called Dave's Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce.
I poured half the jar over some chicken and threw it in the oven to bake....
plan to pair it with some asparagus and quinoa...


Is it hard to make butternut squash?  NO!
You literally grab one at the store and throw it on a pan and into the oven.
Leave it in there until a knife goes through easily and VOILA.


I have also received RAVE reviews from a soup I make this time of year
Butternut and Apple Harvest Soup. Here's the link for it...
http://www.working4wellness.net/Butternutsoup.html


Just a 1/2 cup of butternut squash cubes (but I think I always eat more than that....)
has 300% of your Vitamin A and 50% of your Vitamin C daily requirements...
not to mention: good source of fiber, zero fat, and a powerhouse of phytonutrients and antioxidants!


Write me a note and tell me how YOU cook your butternut squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment