xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness: Ode to Spaghetti Squash

Monday, May 7, 2012

Ode to Spaghetti Squash

Spaghetti Squash
where have you BEEN all my life?










All I can say is tonight was so fun, as I had spaghetti right along side the family!
I ate half a spaghetti squash=110 kcals
(p.s. 1 cup of pasta can have 200 kcals)
plus spaghetti sauce with ground beef.


I STILL had my giant spinach salad with a bit of vinegar on it--this plus the Vit C and B vitamins from the squash (not to mention vitamins in tomato sauce)...delicious AND good for you too!  TRY IT!!


How did I cook it?  cut it long way in half, scrape out the seeds, laid it face down in microwave with about a 1/2 inch of water on high for about 8 minutes or so.  You can use a fork to get the "noodles" out! YUM...

No comments:

Post a Comment