xmlns:fb='http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml' workingforwellness: Eggplant PIZZA?!

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Eggplant PIZZA?!

Hi parents
Don't forget...
your children are much more adventurous with food the more involved they are in the shopping and planning process.


Tonight, I had an eggplant we needed to eat.  My son and I searched for recipes and he picked an EGGPLANT PIZZA recipe... (link below from allrecipes.com)
 the eggplant serves as the crust--
I let him do most of the cooking ...OF COURSE, it takes longer and is MUCH messier
but he ate a food that he normally doesn't enjoy! 
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Eggplant-Pizzas/Detail.aspx 
 (see end of entry for a few changes we made)


What they learn:
-reading & following directions
-measuring/math
-safe food handling (raw eggs)
-LIFE SKILLS!


What I EARNED?
-time with my son!


changes we made:
-we sprayed the coated slices with olive oil spray instead of frying in more oil
-we used less cheese
-I used feta for mine(more flavor, less cheese needed)
-we used white whole wheat flour
-Turkey pepperoni for Daddy's "meat" pizza!

No comments:

Post a Comment